Monday, October 25, 2010

Near-death experience

Ok, I guess it wasn't a legitimate near-death experience, but it sure felt like it at the time.
Last week Sunday, I was on the metro with three friends coming home from the Athletic Bilbao soccer game (we won!) when all of the sudden we started smelling what seemed like chemical gas. We commented on it, but didn't really think much of it until some Spaniards started freaking out. A few just got up and ran through the metro, others were coughing as smoke started coming from who knows where and some people were pressing emergency buttons. Ben just told us to keep walking to the front of the metro (we were originally in the very last car) and thank god that all of the cars are connected....if not, I don't know what would have happened. I was coughing from the smoke and honestly thought that I was either going to pass out or that a bomb was going to go off any second. Luckily, neither of those things happened. The front of the metro was smoke-free and we soon came to the next stop. We ran off, security ran on and the conductor walked back there as well. Eventually they must have fixed it because the metro took off again, but we figured we'd just wait for the next one. Now it feels like a dream or something that didn't really happen, but it was so scary at the time! 
Alright, I know I still have to blog about my trip to London and Paris, and I will soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment